Friday, May 6, 2016

Protecting Your Online Privacy

You are Being Watched!

In 2016 it probably doesn't come as a surprise to most people anymore that you may have very little or no privacy online these days. Considering how many people volunteer their personal information on Facebook, for example, maybe online privacy is not a big public concern. Should we be concerned about it? I think so, and I consider privacy a part of online security. One common conception is something along the lines of "If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have to worry." I've never thought this argument really completely holds up to logic, so I'd like to share a TED Talks video with you from Glenn Greenwald that examines this privacy topic in more depth:




If you agree with Glenn Greenwald, and your online privacy is something you consider important, you will want to check out my next blog post for some steps you can take, and free tools to to help protect this aspect of your online security. If you would like to explore the online privacy topic more in depth, please feel free to leave comments and I will be happy to cover this topic more in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment